Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/whitet10/public_html/forum/header.php on line 225
Whitetail World Forums -
Browsing Forums
Whitetail World
WEATHER:
Team WTW Forums Community Classifides Resources WTW Store
Whitetail World Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whitet10/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 545

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whitet10/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 545

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: How are your plots looking??
jesserichard
Button Buck

Mood: Not Set

[*] posted on 7-10-2012 at 18:40
How are your plots looking??

I planted some clover a few weeks ago and got rain right after I got done planting. It is in South Central Iowa. I am going to be down there next weekend. How are your plots doing??

Follow My Season At http://www.trophtpursuit.com

Blindsniper
Pro Staff

Mood: Excited about the future of WTW!

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 01:39

My plots are still alive but that's about as far as I dare go with a discription. If I don't receive a rain in the next week I won't have a plot to talk about.

derek@whitetailworld.com
Staff Director
Team Member

Terrific_tom
Fork Horn

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 06:21

My plots are doing well. See my Food Plot Tour thread.

talon1961
Fork Horn

Mood: Waiting on October!

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 08:26

One is completely brown, dead....the other is struggling, but after the rains this past week, it is showing improvement, but really thin.

Elite GT500
Ross Cardiac, Browning A-Bolt,
T/C Muzzleloaders

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives me strength.
G3

Blindsniper
Pro Staff

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 11:51

I finally got a little rain yesterday afternoon but it might have been too little too late for the alfalfa. I guess time will tell. The soybean plot looks terrible but it's still alive. For now anyways. We just need a good long soaking rain to bring things back to life.

derek@whitetailworld.com
Staff Director
Team Member

bloodonthefloor
Fork Horn

Mood: hunten for hunten

[*] posted on 7-20-2012 at 07:05

Sniper
I`m about 100 mi west of you, did I get rain?
I left MN. on 7-10 now in MI.[ zip 58881 ] got nice rain here, could use more. Could not tell where MN. got rain.

acts 10:13
And the Lord said to Peter Kill and eat

Blindsniper
Pro Staff

[*] posted on 7-20-2012 at 09:17

I don't know if you did or not but I'd kind of doubt it. It was two systems that slid across the state before joining up east of me. Next week has a promise for rain on several days throughout the week. We can only keep our fingers crossed and hope they drop their cargo in the area. What's your closest town? If you go to wunderground.com, type in your area you can get a daily rainfall history for the area. I use it quite a bit if I'm on vacation.

derek@whitetailworld.com
Staff Director
Team Member

hack1
Button Buck

Mood: READY

[*] posted on 7-24-2012 at 21:58

My clover and bean plots are doin great! Beans are over knee high with tons of flowers and the clover should be mowed! The rest of my plots are getting monthly baths of round up waiting for the fall planting!

Shooter

Mood: It's almost GAME TIME!

[*] posted on 7-25-2012 at 06:33

Here in MN my Rape/Turnips, Alfafa plots are doing ok. My corn and beans have been stunted and do not look to be doig very good at all. I've got some pods but not very many.:doh:

In ND well we have gottone .42" of rain in July and I have now named it the dust bowl.:grind::grind:

In SD it has been so dry that we have ahd fires all around us out there and we have lost part of our plots and hunting area due to fire. I hope the deer/elk move back before season.:(

*Looking forward to turning some dirt!! :rock:

http://www.whitetailworld.com/pictures/avatars/wtw_avatar_team_member_copy.jpg

Blindsniper
Pro Staff

[*] posted on 7-25-2012 at 21:49

I drove around my plots last night. My alfalfa is still alittle yellow and stunted but it's has improved since last week. My soybeans are looking ok but not ideal. Stunted for sure. I might be looking to over seed the plot with something before summers end.

derek@whitetailworld.com
Staff Director
Team Member

horseshoe84
Button Buck

Mood: Hoping 2012 will be better

[*] posted on 7-25-2012 at 22:20

My plots are looking ok. The ones west are doing well and thanks to my new water trailer a few weeks ago and now with the weather helping out its got me very happy with how my main plot of clover and chickery looks.

talon1961
Fork Horn

Mood: Waiting on October!

[*] posted on 7-26-2012 at 09:05

Both of mine are dead and dusty. I'm just going to try to hopefully get in a fall planting of oats and clover. Even the johnson grass along the creek is dead and the creek is bone dry and one of my ponds is completely dry, the other only about a foot of water left in it. The man leasing it from us sold his entire herd of cattle this past week due to no hay and the rising price of feed.

Elite GT500
Ross Cardiac, Browning A-Bolt,
T/C Muzzleloaders

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives me strength.
G3

pinhead
Button Buck

[*] posted on 7-28-2012 at 19:52

We planted ours about 6 weeks ago and then didn't get any rain for about 5 weeks. Soooo, we are going out again tomorrow to try again.

Shooter

Mood: It's almost GAME TIME!

[*] posted on 7-30-2012 at 20:21

Rape and Turnips looking decent considering, but the corn is an epic fail???? :doh::sniffle:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/552652_486039771425292_1675318734_n.jpg

*Looking forward to turning some dirt!! :rock:

http://www.whitetailworld.com/pictures/avatars/wtw_avatar_team_member_copy.jpg

Go To Top