Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Trail cameras
dan8687
Administrator

Mood: excited for 2011

[*] posted on 4-25-2012 at 16:55
Trail cameras

What trail cameras have you used in the past and present? Which on is your all time favorite?

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm13/dan8687/just%20for%20fun/wtw_avatar_team_member_copy.jpg Welcome to my world WHITETAILWORLD!

gutone4me
200 Incher

Mood: excited for a career change !

[*] posted on 4-25-2012 at 20:08

I currently am running 16 DLC Covert cameras. The 2012 Black 60 for IR and the 2012 Reveal for flash are my favorites !

Pat Howard Monster Raxx Pro Staff
http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab339/gutone4me/maxx_your_raxx.gif
http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab339/gutone4me/wtw_avatar_team_member_copy.jpg

JSTYER
200 Incher

Mood: Bring on the Rut!!

[*] posted on 4-25-2012 at 20:39

I have 4 Reconyx, 4 Cuddecraps and 1 Moultrie, Reconyx is my cam of choice

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn296/jstyer1/wtw_avatar_team_member_copy1.jpg

danno1400
Button Buck

Mood: Dreaming of that Monster Buck

[*] posted on 4-26-2012 at 14:16

I started with all Stealthcams and because of their pitiful quality control and even worse customer service I switched to building my own Homebrews. If anything goes wrong with one I can easily fix the problem usually right in the field, this beats having to go through the hassle of returns and cameras only lasting until the warranty is up.

dan8687
Administrator

Mood: excited for 2011

[*] posted on 4-26-2012 at 16:23

I used to use Stealthcams but the battery life was horrible. Currently I have a Bushnell and a couple of the Covert flash.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm13/dan8687/just%20for%20fun/wtw_avatar_team_member_copy.jpg Welcome to my world WHITETAILWORLD!

nukguy
150 Class

Mood: Ramping Up!

[*] posted on 4-26-2012 at 20:35

We've really liked the M80's for $99 we can't beat them for their value, I've had them on plot watcher all spring and they helped my daughter and I be in the right spot for the youth turkey hunt a few weeks ago.
I've went through a half dozen Cuddecraps, they just don't hold up. I've tried spypoint and that's been back to the factory twice I wouldn't waste the $$, I've had a Recon and that's been alright. The old I40 though noisy is on its 5th year and is probably getting close to 25,000+ pics.

X-Force baby it's a New Dream Season in 09'

MNLegacy
Button Buck

Mood: Not Set

[*] posted on 5-18-2012 at 10:21

Well I currently have two cameras a Moultrie I 4.0 and a Wildgame Innovations. I like the Moultrie one alot better because the batteries run alot longer. Been thinking about adding one this year ether another Moultrie or a DLC covert. Just with a musky season just right around the corner I'm going to have to wait a while.

Blindsniper
Pro Staff

Mood: Excited about the future of WTW!

[*] posted on 5-19-2012 at 09:41

I've run many different trail cams over the years but I've locked onto Reconyx for the last 3 to 4 years. For my area here at home, nothing beats them. I'm thinking that on my lease in WI however, several other cameras I've owned would do just fine where long distance triggering isn't as necessary. However, I'll stick with my Reconyx until I find something else that can beat them or I figure out how to make my own

derek@whitetailworld.com
Staff Director
Team Member

Big_Holla
200 Incher

Mood: Definitely in Pre-Rut!!

[*] posted on 5-19-2012 at 13:02

I have used two different Moultrie cameras and a BuckEye Cam Apollo. The first Moultrie was one of their first cameras so that one doesn't much count these days. The second is the I-60, an old tank of a camera that still works pretty good these days. The BuckEye Cam Apollo has been great for me. Literally tens of thousands of pictures, left out pretty much year round with a solar charger and excellent trigger speed. Had it for several years now and the second battery just gave out this past winter. Just need to get a few dollars together to get a new battery and it will be up and running again soon.

BowhuntingOhio.com Pro Staff
http://www.bowhuntingohio.com

"Love This Land.....And Pass IT On"

hawkeyehunter
200 Incher

Mood: 3D

[*] posted on 5-21-2012 at 13:36

I have a couple Bushnell Trophy Cam's, while I am very impressed with the picture quality there are too many bells and whistles that I have no use for, thus making them not very cost effective for me. I am looking for a cheaper camera that takes decent pics, no video or plot watcher or anything like that necessary. All I want is day and nighttime pics, color in the day time if possible, with date/time/temp and moon phase. Lookign like I might try the Primos Truth Cam 35 as a cost effective model

Like my grandpa always said, "aim small...miss small" lucky hunter in the great whitetail heaven that I call home-IOWA

My gear: Mathews z7
Trophy Ridge 5 pin
Octane 11 inch stabilizer
QAD Ultra Rest
Carter Insatiable release
Gold Tip 75-95's
Magnus 125 grain 4 blade Stinger's/Buzzcuts

randalschultz36

Mood: Drinking beer and wasting bullets

[*] posted on 5-21-2012 at 15:02

I have run Bushnell trophy cams, Cuddeback captures, and moultrie m-80's. I really like the battery life of the trophy cams. I like the night time color photos of the captures. I have only used the m-80 for one season. The battery life seemed to be sub-standard as compared to other cameras that use 8 AA batteries. Trophy cams have worked really well for me over the last 3 seasons. I would recommend them to anyone.

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac233/randalschultz36/C-WHITETAILWORLD.jpg
randal@whitetailworld.com
Whitetailword Staff
Team Member
Randal Schultz

Topheavy
Fork Horn

[*] posted on 5-22-2012 at 00:14

I have been using the DLC coverts for the past few seasons, and ordered four more this year!! I use them because they are compact, have great battery life, and take outstanding day/night time pics!

Bobby Bergeson~ Monster Raxx Pro Staff

Equipment of choice-

Mathews Drenalin
Toxonics 5 pin
Schaffer Drop Away
Gold Tip 5575
Rage 3 blade

Go To Top